Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Figgy


I planted this fig tree cutting last fall and did not have high hopes. I kept it under plastic to keep it warm and moist, but it seemed futile. Then suddenly, in the middle of January, during a week when the temperature hovered in the teens, Ms. Fig decided to make her move! Now every day I'm amazed at the progress. I have to admit I find all kinds of corny metaphors for life in this little fig tree. I mean, isn't that just how life seems sometimes? Just when you're wondering if all your efforts are going to waste, a reward falls in your lap.
I wish I had some drawings to post, but I've been having a bit of a creative block lately. Of course there's only one way to solve that, and that is to draw right though that block. I'm going to try today, and share what I've done soon!

No comments: